Losing baby weight is not easy for any woman but it can be even more problematic to do when the world is watching!
After giving birth to her daughter North West in June 2013, Kim Kardashian set about the task of shedding pounds to get back to her toned and svelte form. Here we look at how she managed to drop 43 pounds after her bundle of joy entered the world.
If you want to lose weight and are wondering about diet and exercise after the baby arrives, you may be looking at the pictures of Kim Kardashian in the media and asking yourself – how did Kim Kardashian lose weight? Without delay, let’s find out.
Post Pregnancy Weight Loss Plan
It can be challenging to shed pounds, even if you are Kim Kardashian! She found an answer to a post pregnancy weight loss plan in following the famous Atkins diet. The Atkins diet worked very well for her, but you could succeed with several other diets as well. The trick is to find something that works for you.
On this diet she consumed only 2,000 calories a day and ate only proteins and healthy fats.
To give you a better understanding of what a typical day looked like for her; here is a breakdown of what her daily meals looked like:
- two egg omelet (with cheese and spinach)
- low fat cheese
- grilled salmon with asparagus
- side salad
- greek yogurt (with almonds and berries)
- turkey meat with cheese
- chicken breast with broccoli
- leafy green salad
And absolute no-no’s for Kim were carbohydrates (such as bread and pasta) and alcoholic beverages.
Post Pregnancy Exercise Plan
The pressure to rid herself of excess baby weight was there immediately, even while still in the hospital with little North. Kim had her sweet daughter but she had something else as well – plenty of determination to find the exercise routine that was right for her situation.
Mustering the strength and energy to motivate herself, here is what Kim did to get back into shape:
- Enrolled in Barry’s Boot Camp. At Barry’s they use a combination of cardio work and strength training to get their clients into shape. The workouts are so intense that 1000 calories are burned in just 60 minutes.
- Enrolled in Pilates Plus. At PP the focus is on the buttocks and thighs. Dumbbells are used to work arms, legs and in particular inner thighs. Following the dumbbells, next come the squats.
- Set reasonable goals for herself.
- Worked hard to reach her goals.
You don’t have to be Kim Kardashian to lose weight after giving birth. Find the diet and exercise plan that works best for you and develop a stick-to-it attitude! Go for it!